We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
Our family had been invited to a cookout at our friend’s house a couple weekends ago. She had asked me to bring one of my delicious desserts, oh the pressure was on. After looking on Pinterest and not finding what I was looking for, I got thinking about some of my families favorites desserts, Cheesecake and Strawberry pie. Why not put them together Strawberry Cheesecake Bars.
Making the Crust
The first thing I did was spray a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray and set aside. Then I preheated the oven to 375 degrees. Moving on to make the crust I put 2 packages of graham crackers into my food processor, pulsing the Grahams until they were a fine crumble.
I then added 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1/2 cup walnuts into the food processor, once again pulsing until a fine crumble. You can always leave out the walnuts if you would like. Next, I added 1 stick of melted butter and turned the food processor on until combined. Finally, when everything was combined I pressed the crust into my 9×13 baking pan, then set this aside.
While I was making the crust I had placed the 3 packages of cream cheese on the top of my stove. Being that the oven was on, the heat will help soften the cream cheese. I also do this with butter some times.
Using my mixer I placed the three packages of softened cream cheese into the bowl and started the mixer on low, slowly adding 1 cup of Sugar. Once the cream cheese and sugar were combined I added 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 4 tablespoons of flour, 2 eggs, and 1 egg yolk once these ingredients were combined I slowly added the 1/4 cup milk. Continuing to mix on low speed until the cream cheese mixture is smooth looking. The flour will help with thickening the mixture. Every now and again the sides of the mixer will need to be scrapped down with a rubber spatula.
Time to add the cheesecake filling into the crust, I then placed the cheesecake into a 375-degree oven for 45 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. When the cheesecake is finished baking, you will want to let it cool completely before starting the jello topping.
This is how I made the cheesecake even better, I made my strawberry pie recipe and added it to the top of the cheesecake. The first thing to do is cut the tops of the strawberries off, then they need to be washed and sliced. Placing the berries into a bowl I sat them aside until I needed them. I believe I used about 2 cups of berries, you could use more or less if you would like to.
Grabbing a medium size saucepan, I then combined 1 small package of strawberry jello, 1 cup sugar, and 1/4 cup cornstarch. Next, I added 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and 1 1/2 cups of cold water to the jello mixture. This will need to come to a boil and continue to boil for 5 minutes; stirring the whole time. Because the jello will bubble up and pop while it’s boiling, you might want to wear an oven mitt. Once you have boiled the jello mixture for 5 minutes (hopefully you didn’t get burned like I did) gently fold in the 2 cups of strawberries.
With the strawberries and jello combined, I then poured this mixture onto the cheesecake. Placing the strawberry cheesecake into the refrigerator to set up. Once the jello has set up, I then added whipped topping to the top of the strawberry jello. Now it’s time to cut into squares and serve. Everyone that had a piece of my strawberry cheesecake bars really enjoyed them. Every time my son has a piece of this he tells me how much he likes it.
- For Cheesecake
- 2 Packages of Graham Crackers
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Butter, melted
- 3- 8 oz Packages of Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- For Cheesecake crust
- Combined crushed graham crackers, walnuts, and cinnamon. Stir in melted Butter until combined with all the graham crackers, press crumb mixture into bottom of 9x13 baking dish. Set aside.
- For Cheesecake
- In large mixing bowl beat cream cheese, sugar, flour, and vanilla until combined. Add eggs and egg yolk all at once, beating on low speed just til combined. Stir in milk.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the prepared crust.
- Bake in a 375 Degree oven for 45 Minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely.
- Strawberry Filling
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Cornstarch
- 1 Small Package of Strawberry Jello
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 Cups Cold Water
- 2 Cups Strawberries
- For Strawberry Filling
- Mix together strawberry jello, sugar, and cornstarch in a medium size sauce pan. Add cold water and lemon juice.
- Over medium heat bring jello mixture to a boil, continue to boil for 5 minutes; stirring the whole time. Gently fold in the strawberries into the jello mixture. Pour strawberry jello mixture over top of cheesecake.
- Refrigerate until jello is set.
- Top with whipped topping