Not only am I all about quick and simple recipes but I also like budget-friendly meals as well. This recipe for Instant Pot Spaghetti is a winner both ways. Plus you can’t really go wrong with a pasta dish for family meals.
This recipe along with my recipe for Instant Pot Kielbasa and Sauerkraut are my go to’s when I don’t want to spend much time in the kitchen. Sometimes I’ll pair this with my French Garlic Cheese Toast or I’ll just grab a French loaf at the grocery store to make a complete meal.
For this recipe and all my Instant Pot recipes, they are made in a 6 quart Instant Pot.
How To Make Instant Pot Spaghetti
Making spaghetti in the Instant Pot is a very simple recipe. First, turn your IP on to Sauté, 30 minutes will show up on your timer. That’s how long you can sauté for, for this recipe you will only need about 15 minutes or until meat is all browned.
Add the ground beef and begin chopping the meat up, now is the time that I add the seasoning. Once the meat is seasoned I will add the onions and garlic. I prefer to cook ground beef with onion and garlic to add more flavor to dishes, of course, this is optional.
Sauté the ground beef, onion, and garlic until ground beef is cook all the way. I then drain any fat from the meat into a container. Making sure there are no fat drippings on the bottom of the inner pot before adding it back into the Instant Pot.
As the ground beef is cooking I will break the spaghetti noodles in half and coat them in olive oil. I like doing this to help ensure that the pasta will not stick together.
With the meat cooked and the pasta coated in olive oil, I add the spaghetti noodles on top of the ground beef. When adding the spaghetti in I’ll do it in kind of a haystack way. Doing this will also help with lessening the chances of the noodles sticking together.
Next, I like to pour the water over the pasta and ground beef. I then add a can of diced tomatoes and pasta sauce making sure to cover the noodles as much as I can with both. Please, resist the urge to stir ingredients together.
Place the lid to your Instant Pot on, make sure the steam release valve is set to sealing. Press the pressure cooker button on your Instant Pot and then adjust the time to 8 minutes.
When the timer goes off move the steam release valve to not sealing so it can do a quick release. Please be careful of the steam.
Remove the lid from your IP when all the steam has been released. Now is the time to stir all the ingredients together. Serve and enjoy this quick and easy meal with your family.
Here are some tips that I have for this recipe.
- If you don’t feel comfortable browning the ground beef in your Instant Pot then you can brown it in another pan then add it into the inner pot.
- When sautéing in the Instant Pot using a glass lid will help from grease splattering all over your kitchen.
- Under my kitchen sink, I always have a can that I use for fat drippings. Don’t drain the grease from meat down your sink drains. That will coat the pipes and cause problems.
- When draining the fat from the ground beef be sure to whip the bottom of your inner pot. I like to do this in case there might be fat dripping on the bottom of the inner pot. I feel this is a way of protecting the heating coil inside the Instant Pot.
- Coating and doing a haystack with the spaghetti noodles helps the pasta from not sticking together. But in case they do stick a little use a fork to loosen them up.
- You can add 1 cup of the water to cover the pasta and then add the other cup of water into the empty pasta jar to loosen the sauce that might have stuck in the jar and pour that overall the ingredients.
Other My Creative Manner Instant Pot Recipes you may enjoy are:
Sharing one simple recipe at a time~ Jen
If you are shopping for an Instant Pot or accessories for your Instant Pot, head over to my Instant Pot Store where you can receive a 10% discount through My Creative Manner only on your total purchase.
Instant Pot Spaghetti
Spaghetti with meat sauce done in a 6 quart Instant Pot. Loaded with tomato sauce and ground beef makes for a delicious family meal.
- 1 Pound Ground Beef ~I used lean ground beef
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Seasoning Salt
- 1 Medium Onion ~Finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic ~Fresh or jarred
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil ~To coat the pasta with
- 10 Ounces Spaghetti Noodles
- 2 Cups Water
- 14.5 Ounce Can Diced Tomatoes ~And juices
- 24 Ounce Jar Pasta Sauce
Press the sauté button on the Instant Pot add the ground beef and season.
Add the onions and garlic into the inner pot. Brown until meat is fully cooked. Drain fat from meat.
Break the noodles in half and coat the spaghetti noodles with olive oil. Spread them in layers over the ground beef. Do not stir.
Pour water over noodles and ground beef.
Add the diced tomatoes and pasta sauce on top of the spaghetti noodles. Use a spoon to spread the sauce and tomatoes over the noodles. Making sure to cover the noodles as best as you can. Do not stir.
Place the lid on the Instant Pot. Press the pressure cooker button on your IP then adjust the time to 8 minutes. Make sure your steam release valve is set to sealing.
When the timer goes off after the 8 minutes of cook time turn your steam release valve to venting.
When all the steam is realsed remove the lid and stir all the ingredients together.
Serve and enjoy.